You can make variety of dishes with mushrooms. Today we are going to make mushrooms and vegetables skewers. Why I wrote mushrooms and vegetables separately? Because mushrooms actually come under fungi category, still we use them as vegetable.
Mushrooms come in lots of different shapes, sizes and colors. All edible mushrooms are really good for health. The most common types are Oyster, Portobello, white button, Maitake, Shiitake, Crimini. Other edible mushrooms are Porcini, Chaga, Turkey tail, Cordyceps, Lion’s mane etc.
They are full of fiber, vitamins and minerals, rich in potassium, copper, antioxidants, vitamin B and above all fat free and cholesterol free.
- White button mushrooms with small stem ends, tough stem ends to be trimmed
- Green/red/yellow/orange bell peppers, cut into square shape
- Onions, cut into square shape
- Cottage cheese, cut into cubes
- Spray oil
- Seasoned salt of your choice
- Metal or wooden skewers
- With red sauce
- With green sauce
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thread the mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, cottage cheese on the skewers, leaving a little space at the ends.
- Put the skewers on a baking tray and spray oil onto them.
- Turn the skewers in every 5 minutes and spray oil whenever required.
- When nearly done, put them on broil, low setting for 2 minutes, turning all the sides.
- After taking out, sprinkle seasoned salt.
- Serve hot with red/green sauce.
- You can grill them on gas also.
- You can barbecue them also.